We are oepn via ‘Contactless” Pickup and Dropoff of framing work.
We Ask That you phone ahead as we will be taking bookings for contactless dropoffs/pickups. The idea of having an appointment is not so we can see you but so you don’t run into another customer while you are here. New art work can be dropped off securely and we require you to fill in a contact and requirement form for you artwork. We will then email or phone you with options and a quote. For Collection of work we ask you phone ahead and pay via eftpos over the phone (3% surcharge applies) or Direct Credit the day before collection. We hope you are all Safe and we intend to try our best to keep you all Safe while working at getting a back to normal too. Regards Grant and Julie Hanham
Rules for business at Alert Level 3
- If your business requires close physical contact it cannot operate.
- We recommend staff work from home if they can.
- Businesses need to display a QR code and have an alternative contact tracing system. We recommend you make sure that people either scan in or provide their contact details.
- Customers cannot come onto your premises — unless you are a supermarket, dairy, butcher, fishmonger, greengrocer, petrol station, pharmacy or permitted health service.
- Your business legally must be contactless. Your customers can pay online, over the phone or in a contactless way. Delivery or pick-up legally must also be contactless.
- Basic hygiene measures legally must be maintained. Physical distancing, handwashing and regularly cleaning surfaces. Workers legally must stay home if they’re sick.
- Staff legally must remain a minimum of 1 metre apart at all times where practical. We recommend other measures, such as PPE including face coverings, be used where appropriate.
- You legally must meet all other health and safety obligations.
Ministry of Health has advice for essential healthcare workers, border agencies, courts and tribunal staff, first responders and corrections staff.